5 Best Practices for Effective Email Marketing
Email can be one of your most powerful marketing tools, but without the right guidelines you could miss out on big opportunities. Here are some of our proven best practices to help guide you to better results:
1. Understand your buyer persona(s) and define clear goals for how to engage leads.
This is key. In order to create content that is relevant to your potential customers, it is crucial to you develop a template that defines your best customer. Understanding what content can be provided to address the pain points or benefit the lead will bring higher conversion rates and longer lasting relationships.
2. Break down email lists and segment based on your buyer personas or journey.
Where your lead falls in their journey to conversion is important to understand. Try to create emails that meet the needs of your lead at every stage.
3. Personalize your emails in an appropriate manner.
Personalization is another great add-on feature. It will allow your to make the potential customer feel important. However, this should only be used when it benefits the lead. If possible, use tools that will allow you to automate this process.
4. Engage your leads and customers with relevant information.
Keeping in contact with current customers is just as important as it keeping in contact with your leads. When you engage customers and leads on a consistent basis with relevant information you can build your relationships and turn your customers into brand advocates.
5. Review results and analytics to make sure that you are always refining your emails to maximize effectiveness.
Make sure to test your emails. You can use A/B testing, but always review the data to determine which emails need adjustment. Working with new headers, titles, content, calls-to-action, etc. can all help to refine the process and increase effectiveness.